Image Map

Monday, December 16, 2013

Thanksgiving In Review...Part 1

I have not been to Colorado in such a long time so when our family decided to spend Thanksgiving over there this year I was ecstatic! I'd be lying if I said that I love flying, but the truth is... that is the ONLY downside to vacationing. My husband is the best and always invites me on trips and I'm constantly declining due to my new fear of flying. When I was younger I would hop planes out of town like there was NO TOMORROW and this fear came flying out of nowhere (no pun intended). My husband claims it's because I have so much to lose and he couldn't be more right about that. Ever since I got married, I have straight up melt downs on the plane, start sweating, crying, like I want to freak out like the chic on Bridesmaids and turn the plane around..and forget turbulance...I start hyper ventilating, it is the most ridiculous thing EVER. But on that note this trip was a little different. My whole life was on one flight: my husband by my side, my mommy, Mia next to us and my step kiddos that I love like my own all together and it gave me this inner peace that I had not felt in a long time while flying. It may also have something to do with the fact that Mia kept us busy from Houston to Colorado as she slept her first leg of the flight but nonetheless we got there and back SAFELY and had such an AMAZING time!!! (I will be doing a traveling with baby blog soon, because it was an adventure) LoL Here are some pics that sum up our big family vacation, part 1.





 Daddy and 2 of his girls...the oldest is skiing and the other baking in the oven ;)
Mia is wearing 
Jacket - Gymboree Similar (diff color)
Tights - Baby Gap
Boots - Uggs, Neiman Marcus
 (thank you to my beautiful IG friend and soul sister Amanda Garcia for Mia's boots!!! 
Mommy is wearing
Houdstooth Head Wrap & Scarf - Forever 21 (sold out)
Frost Free Vest - Old Navy (Girls 14-16)
Sweat Pants - Victoria's Secret
Snow Boots - Academy Sports 
(I got so many compliments on these bad boys, LOVE them)

 My handsome step-son David Julian aka DJ
My beautiful step-daughter Carlette aka Daddy's Twin (she looks just like the love of my life)!!!

One of the main reasons we all went to Colorado was to celebrate my beautiful niece Victoria's 21st birthday! She flew in from Penn State to join all of us and if it's one thing we hold close to our hearts...it's family...family first...ALWAYS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment