Image Map

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Be The Good Campaign

When I was approached by Jane.com and Cents of Style to be part of their #bethegood campaign, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to let people in on my passion of giving back to our community. 
Being that I am a business owner I am often approached to support several organizations through donations and volunteering. Although, I would love to help every single non-profit out there, my main focus is helping the children in our area. A few years back, although I have my own business to run, I accepted a full-time position as Program Coordinator for our Boys and Girls Club. To wake up every day and know that I can make an impact on someone's live, YES PLEASE, SIGN ME UP! 
Along with my daily duties I sat on the annual scholarship gala committee that raises money for deserving seniors, I have lent my voice to be the master of ceremonies for the annual scholarship banquets as well as donated money to fund the scholarships. I even took on a basketball team to coach!
I grew up with divorced parents and saw how hard my mother worked to make a great life for myself and my brother. She taught us faith, she showed us with hard work and determination we could accomplish anything and she made sure she was a great model by furthering her education and receiving her doctorate. 
I am well aware that there are children out there who are not as fortunate as we were to come from a broken home yet have a mother as strong and educated as ours so I make sure that when I am asked to do motivational speeches to kids, I let them know that they do not have to be a statistic, they don't have to get down on themselves due to their circumstances and that anything is possible. 
The smile on these kids faces when I tell them that I too come from a broken home, that I too had a father in jail and that I made it out JUST FINE with an education, great job and a bright future...telling them my story makes it all worth it. 
I encourage you to take part in this campaign and spread light in your community. It doesn't have to mean giving big bucks, just a random act of good goes a LONG, LONG way! Trust me.


1.     Choose a good deed. Could be as simple as paying for the coffee after yours.

2.     Share your goods. Pick your favorite social channel (Facebook, Instagram, Vine, Twitter, etc.), but first, make sure to take a selfie (or something appropriate to your story), and share your story, big or small. Be sure to use these hashtags to help this campaign spread: #BeTheGood #JaneCares and #CentsofStyle. You’ll see your story featured at http://Jane.com/bethegood

3.     Tag 1-5 of your friends to do the same within a 24 hr period.

Look stylish while doing it! Jane.com and Cents of Style are selling some super cute #BeTheGood t-shirts on Jane.com. All profits made will be donated to Girls Inc. an organization that inspires girls to be strong, smart and bold. 

HELPNG A CHILD FURTHER THEIR EDUCATION, ONE STEP AT A TIME

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect fit with our #BeTheGood campaign! Because of the support like this from our blogger community and their challenges, we raised well over $15,000 for Girls, Inc! YAhooo!! Thank you for your participation and for accepting our challenge!

    ReplyDelete